[thelist] DHTML menu check

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Thu Jul 18 12:35:01 CDT 2002

> The site was coded on a PC. On my Mac in IE 5.0 the menu works
> but the drop
> down links appear about 50
> pixels below the nav bar. In NN 4.77 the menu doesn't work at all.

I haven't looked at the JS, but I've had what sounds like a similar problem
before.

We found that our menus were popping on Mac IE5 almost exactly the same
number of pixels down from the top of the menu that the menu was positioned
from the top of the page. (hmmmm...!?) We eventually found that there was a
huge difference in positioning in Mac vs. PC IE5: Mac IE5 wanted to position
relative to the table where the event lived, and PC IE5 wanted to position
relative to the page top, regardless of where the event occurred (or
something).

This may not be your problem, but you can check it out.

Good luck!

BH