[thelist] ASCTRM won't start

Douwe van Terwisga dvant at planet.nl
Thu Jul 18 12:37:09 CDT 2002

I understand that some people experienced this problem in the event
viewer. So did I.

The ASCTRM service failed to start due to the following error:

I reinstalled windows 2k leaving the settings as they were, (I can't
think of reinstalling the whole lot....) but it won't disappear. I can't
find out which file is missing neither. It's really frustrating, I also
tried the Windows download site to get everything in the latest and
gratest version but no luck, it just won't help. And every now and then
the whole system crashes with the blue screen and some message about
ntfs.sys

Anybody got any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Douwe van Terwisga