[thelist] any favicon artists out there?

Kevin Martin evolt at brasscannon.net
Thu Jul 18 13:00:03 CDT 2002

[Good points on what one needs in a Photoshop-like proggy vs. an
icon editor.]

Microangelo was the first Win9x icon editor I ever used, and found it
extremely good -- it would intelligently switch back to the last brush
used after you used the color picker; an excellent UI for single-pixel
icon twiddling.  Just did a Google and it appears they have not rested on
their laurels; they're up to v5.5 with XP alpha channel support.  It's
$39.95 but based on prior experience, it's almost certainly worth it.
They're now at www.impactsoft.com

FWIW, I put a favicon.ico on all my sites, just to keep my error_log
clean(er)... and it does help.