[thelist] frontpage or not(ish)

Rebecca Milot-Bradford RMilot-Bradford at nsca-lift.org
Thu Jul 18 13:03:01 CDT 2002

>  The thing is he is used to using frontpage for other web pages he has
>  produced, and says he would like to use frontpage to do the updates
>  to the site. I was initally going to provide (as i usually do) an
>  admin section to make the changes necessary.
>
>  The problem is i have no experience of using frontpage or even what
>  it is really used for but am feeling very weary of letting him have
>  access to the site - download entire pages - making changes
>  and uploading
>  them again.

Could you do this:

1) set up the content your client needs to change on pages that contain
NOTHING BUT that content. Then call them as SSIs in the pages where the
content will actually be used.

2) put all of the simple, editable content pages in a folder and give the
client editing permission in that folder only.

Becky