[thelist] SSH to MySQL from Windows

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Thu Jul 18 17:15:00 CDT 2002

John Handelaar wrote:
>>If you can't get PuTTY working, you might try Tera Term with the TTSSH
>>addon. A Google search should turn up the appropriate sites.
>

> +1
>
> It's my term of choice, not least because I had horrible
> trouble with Putty exiting a bash session and killing any
> and all background processes I'd started.  Which sucked.

I still use Terra Term for many things, but I recently started using
putty as well because TTSSH doesn't support SSH v2.  There are potential
security issues with SSH v1 and v1.5 so there are some installations I
see that are purely v2 without backwards compatibility.  TTSSH doesn't
look like it will be updated to support v2 alas.

Judah