[thelist] combining local anchors with the <base> tag?

Chris George chrisg at gsnet.com
Thu Jul 18 19:11:01 CDT 2002

Hey all...

I was cooking up a new template for the French side of our site, and as I
was converting the English stuff over I ran into a problem... I started
using the <base href> tag on the French templates... Some of these files
contain local anchors <a href="#foo">... But now, I notice that while it
works on the English site, the French site behaves incorrectly (from what is
desired) - the local anchors go to the base href location!

Is this a feature of combining the two?  Am I doing something wrong?  Is
there a way around it? (I can't really make the link absolute <a
href="http://www.foo.com/foo.html#bar">, as it is dynamic (i.e. I _could_
but I'd have to get the Developer to make a widget just for the affected
pages)

Any takers??

Thanks!

Chris.