[thelist] frontpage or not(ish)

Simon Hibbard shibbard at seri.co.uk
Fri Jul 19 02:33:01 CDT 2002

All,

Thanks for your feedback - was very usefull for me to guide the meeting with although the outcome was that they basically want a site which they can load up into some software, maybe Dreamweaver ultradev, and make any changes or updates themselves - even if this means training some staff on the basic tools to do so. So, thats fair enough although i explained that if the site - after delivered and updated - goes belly up and they cannot sort it then it will cost them for me to go in and fix it.... fair enough.

The thing is i never use any of this software for devleopment - all i ever use is EditPlus, and I'm thinking that is they want to be able to change things without needing to understand the code i suppose i will have to also develop it in Dreamweaver or some other software (any suggestions?).

The site will involve DHTML menus - and a full database driven shopping cart system, can this sort of thing be done using IDE objects etc?? I need to come up with some solution proposals.

Obvously I need to really look into dev software, just thought that some of you could offer some advice regarding the situation as this is not one I have come accross before.

again, appreciate the help...

regards,

Simon.