[thelist] Re: People who have flash plug-in

BreezyGraphics at aol.com BreezyGraphics at aol.com
Sat Jul 20 08:46:01 CDT 2002

In a message dated 07/20/2002 5:15:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org writes:

> Does anyone have info from a client site or any other decent sources
> for current statistics that would give a true picture of how many people
> actually have Flash set up for their browsers?

I have done a lot of reading on this topic but have no links to refer you to.
Agreed, lots of people have the flash plug-in now. AOL which is half of your
viewers is shipping flash 5 plug-in with version 7. This is the thing, not
everyone upgrades.
Lots have the plug, but what version do they have?

I also read that most corporations being on networks do not have it, So who
you are targeting and what version you are making it in will make a lot of
difference. The best thing to do is 1. make an entry page that says site
requires flash version "?" and make a link to download the player, or 2. make
a flash version and an html version and give them a choice on the entry page.

Good Luck, Breezy.