[thelist] Do we still need to say Download Acrobat Reader, and RTF files

fstorr fffrancis at fstorr.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 20 09:16:01 CDT 2002

Btw, what does using the pdf format do for (or to?) disabled users?

__________________

Acrobat (full version) comes with an Accessibility system that allows
designers to add alt tags, language options etc to pdf documents.  There
are (I believe) only 1 or 2 screen readers out there that can read a PDf
page (JAWS is one, I think).

However, I've yet to work out how on earth to use the Acrobat
accessibility tool.  I spent some amount of time wrestling with it, but
to absolutely no joy.  If anyone has figured out how to use the &@!£
thing, please enlighten me/us!

Regards

Francis