[thelist] test (i'm sorry! really!)

Mark Gallagher mark at cyberfuddle.com
Sat Jul 20 14:08:01 CDT 2002

I'm pretty certain I've been unsubscribed[0], but the list info page
keeps telling me "don't be silly, of *course* we still love you" - or
words to that effect.

So I'm not receiving any posts to thelist, but I can't re-subscribe,
either.  If I can actually post this, then I'll know you've all just
vanished since the 18th (when my last thelist-related email appeared)
and will be back soon.  Otherwise, AAAAAAAAARGH! (but at least you won't
see it).

Um, I owe a tip.  But I'm really really tired, and can't think.  Hmmm,
here's a semi-tip and I'll pay back the rest later:

<tip type="being infallible" author="Mark Gallagher">
If you're like me, then most of your web work will be done at night.  If
you're like me, then most of what you do will also be pretty good as far
as closed tags, etc., are concerned, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Always run over your pages with a validator - e.g.
http://validator.w3.org/ or the excellent one at http://htmlhelp.com/ -
even when you know how to produce valid markup and usually do, it's
handy for making sure you haven't missed closing horribly nested <DIV>s
or anything like that in the heat of the insomnia.
</tip>

[0] Thanks to a couple of days of my email being AWOL due to a hosting
stuff-up.  Entirely my fault, of course, but still annoying.

--
Mark Gallagher
http://cyberfuddle.com/infinitebabble/