[thelist] MySQL - load data infile - fields escaped by

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Sat Jul 20 17:47:01 CDT 2002

> > When I try this
> >
> >   mysql> load data infile 'phpupload_20020720.txt'
>
> You're missing the required\ INTO TABLE table_name \ here ...

Yup; you're right. I had it last night, when I had the *data* wrong. Today I
cleaned up the data, and got the syntax wrong. Thanks.

And after your response, I re-read the documentation, and these are the
default escape, field term, and line term values. I stripped all the quotes
from my data, used all the default values for 'load data' and all is well.

> >     -> fields escaped by '\\'
> >     -> fields optionally enclosed by '\"'
> >     -> fields terminated by ','
> >     -> lines terminated by '\n'