[thelist] Business name

Ray Hill lists at daedelus.net
Sun Jul 21 05:28:01 CDT 2002

>  For those people that don't know me or my company
> - how would "Aaron Schaap" send them a message that
> I do web development?
>
> I guess Martha Stewart did it but what would be the
> best way to brand myself (name wise)?

The ones who do it well are the ones you don't think of as being named after
the person.  Levis (Levi Straus), Wal-Mart (Sam Walton), Hewlett-Packard,
Barnes & Noble, Sears Bobuck, JC Penny, etc.

You're not branding your name, you're branding a word that happens to also
be your last name.  The word "Schapp" is uncommon enough that most people
don't have a mental association with it.  So calling the company "Schapp
Development" or "Schapp Services" or something would be a great option.

--ray