[thelist] Free Flash charts?

David Dorward evolt at david.us-lot.org
Sun Jul 21 08:29:01 CDT 2002

On Sat, 20 Jul 2002 20:32:04 -0400
"Michael Robertson" <mike at mikeemedia.com> wrote:

> Just curious why you feel that way about Flash vs. SVG. I don't know
> much about SVG.

Other people have already given some very good reasons, so I won't
repeat them. I'll just add that

* the SVG standard is w3c supported: http://www.w3c.org/Graphics/SVG/

* there is open source SVG rendering available (for those who do not
want binary only software on their PC) as part of the Mozilla project,
although currently the support is rather primitive and it needs a lot
of work (it's also not a part of the default Mozilla build because of
that)

--
David Dorward                                   http://david.us-lot.org/
HTML email is a bit like using coloured paper and glitter ink on a CV.