[thelist] Here comes SVG (was: Free Flash charts?)

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Sun Jul 21 09:22:01 CDT 2002

Richard Bennett wrote:

> One of the first to do this was Adobe, who released the free browser plugin,
> currently at version 3, and still the most widely used SVG implementation on
> the desktop.
> http://www.adobe.com/svg/

> * Adobe's viewer, and others, allow traffic to and from the server from
> within your SVG file, using Javascript.

Wow, thanks for the comprehensive analysis!

But is there a plug-in available other than Adobe's? It has the
unfortunate effect of crashing Moz (1.0) on pages with embedded
SVG (which I just discovered, but there's a bug filed already).

TIA,
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

     -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --