[thelist] request JS help for quiz-SOLVED

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Sun Jul 21 16:03:01 CDT 2002

On Sunday, July 21, 2002 8:17 AM, Rudy ruminated:

[snippet]
> > I'm not so hot at Javascript

> > ButtonGroup has no properties.
>
> have to see where this is declared
>
> >     for (var x=0;x<ButtonGroup.length;x++)
> >
> > It generates the error at the "x" to the left of <ButtonGroup.length;x++)
>
> no, the x is fine, it's probably ButtonGroup
>
> have a look at http://tech.irt.org/articles/js027/index.htm
>
> if ( stuck == still ) {  post ( page.url ) }

This is rather bizarre. First, I checked out the url you mentioned, Rudy. Thanks. Good resource. But after comparing code couldn't find anything wrong with the script! A number of sighs issued forth.

So, I decided to reformat the <body> text, putting everything into a table and stripping out the paragraph tags throughout the form. By gum, by golly, all of a sudden the quiz worked!

????!!!!

Thanks for your help. And works in N6.2 as well which others I tried did not do.

Best,
Sharon
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com