[thelist] People who have Flash plug-in

GregHolmes at aol.com GregHolmes at aol.com
Sun Jul 21 18:01:01 CDT 2002

John Corry wrote:

> FYI, this is one of the worst places to ask about Flash...people are
> really biased against Flash on this list.

Define bias ;)

1.  Flash is an AWESOME tool for giving presentations.  I'll take it
over PowerPoint any day.  (BTW, if you have a PP to start with, export
it as a series of WMFs, then import the first WMF into Flash.  Say yes
when it asks if you want to import the whole series.  There they are,
frame by frame.  Make a layer with nav buttons, and now you have a
familiar -looking- presentation format, that you can sprinkle real
animations in where they'll have impact.  But I digress...)

2.  Flash is great for intranets, where you can control (or at least
specify requirements for) the client machines.

3.  For general internet use ... YMMV ;)  See the archives for all
those arguments.  But if you discussed _this_ point with me, I'd
probably come off as "anti-Flash".  For now.  I do like that they're
adding accessibility hooks :).

Greg Holmes
gregholmes at aol.com