[thelist] XLST Server-side

Brad Miller brad at beldamar.com
Sun Jul 21 18:24:03 CDT 2002

~Does anyone have any (easy-to-understand) advice for this? I've tried
~Saxon, but it looks like that's a windows program only. I've also
~looked at Xalan, but it looks like that needs server-side java,
~something my host doesn't have.

Joel,
There is a C++ version of Xalan. It has a more specific OS base and I don't
know exactly what brand of Unix your host is using, but you can take a look
at http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/index.html There is a list of OS's that
they support.

Also the Xalan-J version does not require the JDK and your host could
install the JRE instead. I can't see that they would have a problem with the
runtime environment. I have convinced several different hosts to install the
JRE and Xalan-J for me.

HTH
Brad Miller
www.beldamar.com
www.x-etc.com
brad at beldamar.com

A virus in a document is OK (provided the DTD allows it)