[thelist] NS 4.08 Crasher -- why?

Mark Howells mark at mountain.ch
Mon Jul 22 02:36:01 CDT 2002

> http://members.evolt.org/jswiders/mt/
> crashes NS 4.08 on Win Ninety-mumble.

[snip]

> W3C sez both the XHTML and CSS are perfect, so I figure it's some
> Netscape bug.

Earlier versions of Netscape 4.x are well-known for crashing when using CSS
definitions for margin and padding, as well as occasionally throwing a fit
when using border definitions. Over the past six months, less than 2% of
60,000 page hits at my site have been from Netscape 4; as you say that
you're not worried about making the layout the same in Netscape 4, I'd hide
the stylesheet from that browser altogether.

<http://www.evolt.org/article/Assigning_browser_specific_styles/17/14732/ind
ex.html>

(Link may wrap onto second line)

Regards