[thelist] XLST Server-side

paul morgan paul.morgan at fortune-cookie.com
Mon Jul 22 05:00:01 CDT 2002

Have you tried Php?
Most ISP's that offer *nix and Apache will have this as one of their
default scripting languages. XSLT in Php has come in leaps and bounds
and there are a number of articles on the web that can also give you a
good grounding:

http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/XML
http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Tips_and_Tutorials/XML_and_PHP/
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.xslt.php

The first two have a number of articles that are not solely focused on
XSLT, rather you can, if you want parse the XML using triggers and
therefore present the information depending upon conditions you set in
the code. The last link is from the Php home site and contains the
actual functions you can use along with a lot of helpful points in the
user notes.... read the user notes, especially if you're getting stuck  :)

You could also try:
http://www.phpbuilder.com  (use the search in particular)
http://www.zend.com  - again, have a look over the tutorials and
articles under the 'Community' section. Some of them are a bit old but
the basic premise is still the same. IF you still get stuck drop a
question into the php general group, most ppl will help you out there:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=php.general

ta ta
paul