[thelist] WHOIS Question

David U. davidu at everydns.net
Mon Jul 22 09:00:00 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Kogler" <ken.kogler at cph.org>
To: "thelist" <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 8:40 AM
Subject: [thelist] WHOIS Question

> I've got a name, contact info, and a NIC handle for some clown who's
giving
> the legal dept at my company a heart attack... any way I can look up a
list
> of all domains this guy owns without having to be psychic and look each
one
> up individually?

Just to point out -- WHOIS info is completely unverified and it could be
totally bous information even if it looks correct.  Nothing stops you (or I)
from registering a domain in Bill Gates or George Bush's name.

Network Solutions allows you to search by NIC handle here:
http://www.netsol.com/cgi-bin/whois/whois

Since the whois has all be split up and no sane person uses NetworkSolutions
it probably won't help.

HTH,
davidu