[thelist] IE5 for Mac Problem

Jonathan Farmand JFarmand at coj.net
Mon Jul 22 14:45:07 CDT 2002

here is the code for the menu, there's nothing tricky in here or
anything, which is why we are stumped. its just basic html:

     <!-- Footer with Legal Statements  -->
        <center>
           <small>
           <A HREF="/Internet/Mayor/default.htm"><font
class=footer>Mayor</font></A>
           -
	   <A HREF="/Internet/City+Council/default.htm"><font
class=footer>City Council</font></A>
           -
<A HREF="http://www.coj.net/jobs/default.htm"><font
class=footer>Jobs</font></A>
           -
<A HREF="/Internet/About+Jacksonville/default.htm"><font
class=footer>About Jax</font></A>
           -
<A HREF="/Internet/I+want+to.../default.htm"><font class=footer>I want
to...</font></A>
           -
<A HREF="/Internet/I+am.../default.htm"><font class=footer>I
am...</font></A>
           -
<A HREF="/Internet/Services/default.htm"><font
class=footer>Services</font></A>
           -
<A HREF="/Internet/Departments/default.htm"><font
class=footer>Departments</font></A><br>

<A
HREF="/Internet/Departments/Neighborhoods/Call+Center/default.htm"><font
class=footer>630-CITY(2489)</font></A>
           -
<A HREF="/Internet/Policies/default.htm"><font class=footer>Site
Policies</font></A>
           -
<A HREF="mailto:webmastr at coj.net"><font
class=footer>Webmaster</font></A>
           </small>
        </center>

>>> pixelmech at yahoo.com 07/22/02 03:32PM >>>
Jon, can you post some code? Pretty tough without something to see.
IE5 for mac has trouble with floats to start with.

Tom
--- Jonathan Farmand <JFarmand at coj.net> wrote:
> Hi, we are having a problem with internet explorer 5.0 for the Mac.
> On
> the website we are developing, there is a menu at the bottom, which
> is
> docked in every browser except IE5 for the Mac. On this browser the
> menu
> appears in the middle of the screen on top of the main content, as
> if it
> is in its own layer. Also, the menu floats when this page is
> scrolled up
> or down. The website is currently behind a firewall so it cannot be
> viewed right now, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
> --

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();

http://www.pixelmech.com/