[thelist] web site maintenance woes

Rebecca Milot-Bradford RMilot-Bradford at nsca-lift.org
Mon Jul 22 19:21:02 CDT 2002

I find myself spending more and more time just maintaining our company site,
with less and less time available for developing new "stuff." This is
frustrating for me, because, well, maintaining is not nearly as interesting
as building new. This is frustrating for my co-workers because they don't
understand why I can't just keep building and building. It is frustrating
for management because they don't understand why I am insisting that I need
a slice of the budget pie. So here are my questions for all of you:

1) Are there any figures out there showing how much it costs to maintain a
page? (I've searched Google and come up with nothing.) Or any suggestions
about how to figure out what it costs us? In the eyes of people here, it
costs nothing, since they are paying my salary regardless.

2) Does anyone have ideas about how to convince management that we need more
manpower if we want to keep expanding the site?

Sorry for sounding whiney!

Becky