[thelist] volunteering design skills

Benjamin C. Varadi bvaradi at nlcnet.org
Tue Jul 23 23:15:00 CDT 2002

You know, it's occured to me that if one tenth of a percent of the
energy spent on vanity blogging and webcams and updating personal site
templates and checking site stats compulsively went to say, designing &
implementing sites for nonprofits like NCADD (can you tell which post
influenced this one?) etc, think about how pretty (and more functional)
the useful (ie: nonprofit research, stats, & news provision) parts of
the web could be.  And hey, I'm sure those sites would be happy to put
up a "designed/developed by n" footer on their pages.  Does any resource
exist to coordinate this?  Does anyone wanna help create one?

To those of you who asked about tech training volunteer opps, I'm still
compiling a list, btw.  There'll be a link posted eventually to a db.

-BEN

--
Benjamin C. Varadi
Webmaster, National Labor Committee