[thelist] Netscape, Frame, Target, Different Domains

Drew Shiel ashiel at sportsinteraction.com
Wed Jul 24 07:14:02 CDT 2002

Problem solved... see below.

At 11:22 24/07/2002 +0100, Drew Shiel wrote:
>At 10:13 24/07/2002 +0000, Peter-Paul Koch wrote:
>>>There is a frameset with frames named "top", "body", "right" and "bottom".
>>
>>Don't EVER use 'top' as a frame name, since it's reserved in JavaScript and
>>the browser may behave strangely. I don't know whether this is the problem
>>you're experiencing, but do yourself a favour and use another name. I'm not
>>very happen with 'body' either, but as far as I know this is not explicitly
>>forbidden.
>
>   OK, I'll try changing those. The domain referred to as jammaking.com has
>been using these names for some years now without trouble, though?

   Changed the names to "strange", "charm", "pratchett" and "gaiman"; this
made not one whit of difference.

>>Try using different names for the frames, all names you use now may have a
>>special meaning. Not sure if this helps, but it's the first thing I'd try.
>
>   OK, good place to start.

   What eventually worked was writing things so that instead of calling the
absolute URL of the frames displayed, it calls a relative path. Since both
domains are on the same machine, this could be done.

   I don't know what would happen were the two domains on different
machines, but until I have to deal with that, problem sorted.

   Cheers!
   Drew.

Drew Shiel                               webmaster at swiftpay.com
                                                     +353-1-2365705