[thelist] volunteering design skills

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Wed Jul 24 08:49:01 CDT 2002

On July 23, 2002 at 18:49, Benjamin C. Varadi wrote:

> ........................designing
> & implementing sites for nonprofits ...............

> ............ Does any resource exist to coordinate this?

	Do a Google on Volunteers+anything you are interested in and you
will find tons of groups. A lot of us got our portfolio started by doing pro bono
sites, your local/community newspaper may have a listing looking for
volunteer web people, Community Centres usually have a notice board for
volunteers, etc. etc.
	Most web sites that deal with volunteerism have a search facility
similar to a dating service that matches your skill set to what is wanted like
http://www.vancouver.volunteer.ca/. Others just use a list a la:
http://www.volunteerinfo.org/

Cheers,

         Mark