[thelist] P3P Policy generating ????? error (was XML - EXCLUDE statements - re-post)

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Thu Jul 25 05:38:00 CDT 2002

On Wednesday, July 24, 2002 2:10 PM, Andrew replied:

> Sharon, this is the correct XML format (assuming you'll close the parent
> element with</POLICY-REF>).

    I did.

There is no "shorthand".

    OK.

> Any other format would have to be described in the XML schema, which you can find at http://www.w3.org/TR/P3P/
> More P3P info: http://www.w3.org/P3P/details.html
> There's also an online P3P validator here:
> http://www.w3.org/P3P/validator.html

First, thank you ~so~ much for the references above. Completely missed the P3P Validator on the W3C site coz I was looking for just that, "P3P Validator" (like CSS and HTML). Turns out to be "Privacy and P3P."

I've just been pouring over the W3C stuff and revising the XML policy per what I found. While trying to validate, I keep getting a confusing Syntax error and don't know what to do about it, specifically "Error: Unknown error occured." Well, that really makes one's day (or night). If it's unknown to the validator, it sure as heck is unknown to me. (<8

Target URI: http://www.datablocks.com/p3p/DBpolicy.xml
Step 1: Policy File Validation
URI: http://www.datablocks.com/p3p/DBpolicy.xml
Step 1-1: Syntax check
Policy file has syntax errors or warnings.
Error: Unknown error occured.
Step 1-2: Vocabulary check
Policy file has no vocabulary errors.
Step 1-3: Link check
Policy file has no link errors.

Any ideas?

Sharon

Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com