[thelist] why can't IE find the new IP number?

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at cph.org
Thu Jul 25 07:46:01 CDT 2002

Try dropping to a command-line, then executing:

  ipconfig /displaydns

This will show all the cached DNS info that IE uses... if r937.com has the
old IP still, then execute:

  ipconfig /flushdns

A full list of commands for ipconfig is available by:

  ipconfig /?

If the DNS Resolver cache has the correct IP for r937.com, then look on the
General tab (Tools > Internet Options), look for the "settings" button under
Temporary Internet Files, and make sure that it's set to *always* look for a
new version of a page everytime. (YMMV -- that's IE6)

If that doesn't work either, then drop to the command line again and run
"format c:"... seems to fix all my Windows issues. :)

HTH, rudy!
--ken