[thelist] win32 Apache and PHP4

Jackson Yee jyee at vt.edu
Thu Jul 25 08:25:09 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris" <axe at suburbia.com.au>
To: "Thelist" <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 23:36
Subject: [thelist] win32 Apache and PHP4

> When I start up Apache I get the following error:
>
> Syntax error on line 1022 of c:/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load c:/php/sapi/phpapache.dll into server: (127) The specified
> procedure could not be found:
>
> (Line 1022 is the line that contains my LoadModule statement for PHP4.

This is actually a pretty common problem to encounter, Chris.  Do a Google
search and you'll get many results

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=php4apache.dll+specified+procedure

I'm personally use PHP as a CGI since I'm running Apache 2 and the DLL version
crashes often at the moment 8-), but if you're getting stuck, make sure that
you have all of the steps completed at

http://www.webmasterbase.com/article/525/30

Some other options include copying php4apache.dll to the Apache modules
directory and loading it from there, as having a drive letter in the path
specified for the DLL could make Apache cough in this manner.  If you still
can't get PHP to run scripts even after the LoadModule succeeds, try adding a

AddModule mod_php4.c

line to httpd.conf.

Regards,
Jackson Yee