[thelist] 500 Server Error ONLY in IE...

jon steele jjsteele22 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 25 11:44:09 CDT 2002

Why does IE6 (and 5.5...upgraded just for this) give the following error when I navigate to
http://localhost

Page title: 500 Server Error

Server Error
The following error occurred:
An invalid URL was detected. NetCache cannot serve the request as entered.
Please contact the administrator.

Guess what? NS6, NS4.7 and Opera 5 all produce the page properly.

I am running apache on Windows 2000 Pro. I also shut down IIS.

Please help! I have search microsoft.com but found nothing about this message. This used to work
fine before.

Thanks,
Jon