[thelist] Re: Printing IE5.5 to Legal

Michael Galvin mgal1972 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 25 12:18:01 CDT 2002

MH> If you use CSS to control the page layout*,
MH> then calling the CSS file using media="screen",
MH> you'll do away with any most
MH> printing problems except for those caused by
extra-MH> wide images. With no
MH> width definitions on a page, such as that imposed
MH> by an HTML <table> layout,
MH> the printer should be able to work out what's
MH> going on much better.

Mark,

Thanks for the reply, but I don't believe that's it.
When I discovered this problem, I tried testing a few
other pages (Google, Microsoft, etc), and although
they also use TABLES for layout mostly, I find it
difficult to believe that nobody has ever managed to
print a webpage from IE5.5 to Landscape on Legal.  A
colleague here told me that MS had a whole bunch of
printing issues to solve when going from IE5.5 to IE6,
and I wonder if this was one of them.

=====
Michael Galvin
mgal1972 at yahoo.co.uk