[thelist] Background Music Again--and again :)

John Corry webshot at members.evolt.org
Thu Jul 25 13:33:01 CDT 2002

> I have a *crude* volume control slider and a stop button, but
> I'd like that button to toggle the sound off and on. I can't
> seem to figure out how that same button can play the music
> again with what I have here.
>
> See:
> http://www.sitediva.com/flashme/
>
> You can download the FLA to see what I did, but it's 32MB for
> some *odd* reason. The MP3 is only 4MB--I can't
> imagine...Anyhoo, basically I have a button with the action:
>
> on (release) {
>     stopAllSounds();
> }
>
> So if someone presses on that same button, how do I get the
> music to start playing again? Everything is basically on one
> frame in separate layers of the timeline.

Bet you're ready to be done with listening to this over and over again
;)

You could do this any of a million ways...what comes immediately to mind
for me is:

Make a movie clip that will serve as your play/stop button (it's not a
'button' in the Flash symbol scheme...but to your viewers it is). Your
'button' has 2 frames at least, one for play and one for stop. You need
an actual button symbol on both of these frames.

On frame 'play' (music MC is playing, you do have the music in it's own
clip, right?), button has an action that tells music mc to stop. On
frame 'stop' button has action that tells music mc to play.

make sense? Email me offlist if you need more help with this.

John Corry
Neon Cowboy Design
http://www.neoncowboy.com
mail : john at neoncowboy.com