[thelist] Mac Host file & domain recognition

Vince Heilman VHeilman at eAngler.com
Fri Jul 26 14:11:01 CDT 2002

Hi all,

It's been ages since I've been on thelist here, but I'm pretty sure that
somebody here can help.

I'm currently running an all WIN development domain with one MAC on it.
In order for my MAC (OSX) to see anything on the domain, I have to enter the
IP address of the server in the URL. Is there anything I could do to allow
the MAC to resolve
the name of the domain to the ip address? I know this is typically what a
HOST file does,
however I've tried that and I can't seem to get the MAC to recognize it. Any
help would be grealty appreciated.

Cheers,

Vince