[thelist] DNS update - web is fine, mail goes to the old server

Andre Gaulin agau at Softchoice.com
Mon Jul 29 13:14:01 CDT 2002

One of the biggest challenges with DNS changes are the propagation from
the "master" DNS servers down to their virtual/children DNS servers.  In
Canada, Bell Sympatico is extremely slow to update all of its virtual
DNS servers, so I have had to switch over to use the Bell Nexia DNS
servers.  It is not uncommon for it to take up to 3 weeks for a DNS
change to take hold.

Andre

!