[thelist] mod_rewrite help!

Erick Papadakis erick_papadakis at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 30 23:48:00 CDT 2002

hi, i have come to a relatively sophisticated mod_rewrite which basically
takes the URI after my domain name, and breaks it appropriately. but what
i am missing is if the URI does not contain anything apart from my domain
name. in this case, the rewriteEngine seems to be hanging on for a long
time because there is no value.

i.e., if i have

    http://mydomain.com/something/comes/here

then, "something/comes/here" is broken properly. but if i have

    http://mydomain.com
or  http://mydomain.com/

then the browser almost hangs for 15 seconds or so before timing out.

what am i doing wrong? do i need to set a rewriteRule for when there is
nothing entered? my default documents are set to index.php which should
be alright!
thanks for any clues/erick