[thelist] PERL vs. PHP

Michiel Trimpe M.B.Trimpe at student.tue.nl
Wed Jul 31 08:22:01 CDT 2002

Hello Shashank,

ST>     | >Can anyone direct me to resources that would
ST>     | >show one that PHP is a better scripting language
ST>     | >than PERL?

ST> "Better" is an odd word, but hope this will
ST> help you in your quest:

ST> http://snipurl.com/perl_in_schools

I'm sorry to say so but I found this article quite pathetic. Perl
could very well be included in the curriculum or at least one language
for that matter. Furthermore Perl is not scary, it just takes a
littlebit getting used to and once you're through that stage I'm
fairly confident in saying that it is one of the easiest programming
languages out there when it comes to algorithms and the likes. Any
LISP-oriented language would be great for that matter (and yeah, I
know Perl isn't LISP but it tends to get quite close)

--
Best regards,
 Michiel                            mailto:M.B.Trimpe at student.tue.nl