[thelist] help with SQL query

Michael Robertson mike at mikeemedia.com
Wed Jul 31 09:59:14 CDT 2002

I have a SQL Server 2k database that tracks the number of steps people walk
in a day. There is a field for the date [ActivityDate] , number of steps
[Steps], Week Number [ProgramWeek], user Id [UserID]. What I need is to get
the average number of weekly steps for an individual user.

Working with an unknown number of weeks is it possible to get the average
for each week then get the avg of all weeks combined in a select statement?

The other thing I could do is pass an ASP variable to a view but I don't
know how to do that.