[thelist] replace <b> with <strong> (why dont use b tag)]

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Wed Jul 31 10:33:01 CDT 2002

oh, i love these discussions

where the heck is aardvark?  probably giving one of his netslaves proper
bloody hell for not having an h2 between the h1 and h3...

> True, but then having a tag to define the visual appearance is still
> staying away from the separation of style and structure.

um, maybe i'm missing something, but if there are certain portions of
structure that have to be styled somehow, how else are you gonna apply the
style except through some kind of tag?  in other words, you *cannot*
separate style and structure without tags!!

> In practice, using <b> would be the same as using a tag like <red> --
> using a tag to define the visual appearance breaks away from the
> concept of tag for markup and style sheets for style.

in other words, you cannot style without markup

that's *my* point, and you cannot make it   ;o)

i agree, B and RED and the repulsive SPAN are all the same in this context

i'd just rather use B for this particular purpose

> Sorry, but the concept of forward scanning for sequential audio
> has me stumped -- how would that work, exactly?

my point exactly

which is why STRONG would be wrong

rudy