A place for Frames (WAS RE: Re: [thelist] [OT] Terrible Websites)

Mike Hardaker mike at angloinfo.com
Wed Jul 31 11:18:00 CDT 2002

Hmmm...

Although I personally avoid frames like the proverbial, they do have a place in
"Web applications", especially in an intranet context. However, if allowed out
in the wild they really have a tendency to mess up search engines (assuming the
engine can actually find them), and they typically make bookmarking and
navigation problematic.

But, in a controlled environment (just as with many other "clever" techniques)
they *can* be the right tool for the job. Sometimes...

Mike
Mike Hardaker
Founder & Publisher - AngloINFO
http://www.angloinfo.com