A place for Frames (WAS RE: Re: [thelist] [OT] Terrible Websi tes)

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Wed Jul 31 11:29:02 CDT 2002

>But, in a controlled environment (just as with many other "clever"
techniques)
>they *can* be the right tool for the job. Sometimes...

If you haven't already, check out the MSDN Library site,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library. It's a framed site but it works extremely
well considering the volume of content (hundreds of thousands of nodes
available through the left navigation frame).

It even works in my copy of Mozilla (RC2 I believe, man I need to upgrade)
and though the TOC works differently than with IE, it is still usable,
though you may lose track of your position in the tree with Mozilla when you
are several levels down into the structure.

Personally I've always liked this system. It works very well for their
target audience.

-dave