[thelist] OT: Adobe doesn't want your feedback

Daniel Medley dm at lgcy.com
Wed Jul 31 12:30:00 CDT 2002

> How do I know this?  Well I work with a small customer service group (hey
> they also specialize in "user experiences") and I am said person who
> receives those types of messages from customer service.  Guess which ones
> actually make it across my inbox, and which ones are posted up on the
> corkboard next to the water cooler for shits and giggles baby?

This is just amazing. So, you take it upon yourself to make such judgements
based on if you like the tone of the complaint or not? I'm thinking that if
I were management I would kick your ass right out the door. I, being
management, would very much like to know of valid customer concerns no
matter that they may be expressed by someone during a moment of frustration.
After all, most complaints are a direct response to frustration. Now add to
that some customer service rep ignoring the complaint because they don't
"like the tone". You represent the company. You ignore a complaint the
company is ignoring the complaint.

<tip type="how to behave as a customer service rep" author="Daniel Medley">
Pass on valid customer concerns to the appropriate personnel period. By not
doing so you jeopardize the company. If you get upset when people express
their frustration then get a different job.</tip>

Peace,

Daniel Medley