[thelist] Is changing window.status='evil?';

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Wed Jul 31 14:28:01 CDT 2002

> > feeling that using window.status in this manner is somehow
> inherently
> > *EVIL*. thelist-ers, should I remove this code?
>
> May the Lord Almighty smite you with all His might for the
> sacrilege of your transgression.

I was with you, Mark, until I realized you were kidding. I still vote for
smiting.

I hate it when I can't see the URL of the link I'm clicking. For me, it's a
usability thing. If you want me to know about the link, use 'title' or make
your link text more descriptive. Or both. That way, I get all the
information I could possibly want, and when I click the link, there are no
surprises, just rewards.

joel