[thelist] Win 2k or XP and why?

Michael K. Ahn mike at ahnfire.com
Wed Jul 31 16:33:01 CDT 2002

If you do a lot of multimedia, or gaming.  Get XP.  For work, it's a
toss up, I use Win2K server, mostly because of SQL2K.  The main annoying
thing with XP is the GUI lag when multitasking.  I have a pretty fast
machine (1.5ghz/512 333 ddr ram/geforce4/pc133 80gb hd), so there's no
excuse for that... especially since I turned off all the GUI
enhancements. The beta XP service pack improves it, so hopefully, it
will be eliminated soon.

michael

incompatibilities,