[thelist] Process coding language?

David U. davidu at everydns.net
Wed Jul 31 17:40:01 CDT 2002

Joel Canfield wrote:
> --
> Our VP is looking for an app which will take his procedural text, with
> pretty standard boolean and workflow concepts, and convert them to
> something graphic. We know all about the other direction, creating
> the workflow in Visio, for instance, but we'd all like to be able to
> work from command line or in pure text.
>
> Seems like a kinda unixy concept which may or may not have made it to
> the web via a content management system or whatever.
>
> Does such exist?

Kinda.

I'll move from simple to amazingly complex:

1)
http://www.users.bigpond.com/rubensr/msc/
MSC outputs into text format, but that could be turned into a .gif pretty
easy.

2)
http://droogs.org/autodia/screenshots.html
AutoDia generates UML style diagrams, may or may not be what you want.

3)
http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/
This will do what you want but it could take a couple millenia to figure
out.

HTH,
davidu