[thelist] SITE CHECK: (time for a beating) site check please

Burhan burhankhalid at members.evolt.org
Wed Jul 31 19:58:04 CDT 2002

Hey Chris :

I like the layout of the site, considering its pre-production. A few things I
noted (Linux/Moz 1.1/1024x786) :

1. The text seems to be too flush to the left (espcially when there is a
picture) Example : AMA Announcement. Also, there seems to be a space before
the text starts (its not flush to the top (like it is on the non-graphics
text boxes).

2.  On sites that have shopping cart interfaces, it is almost necessary to
show how many items are in the cart. So far, I didn't see that.

3.  Along the same lines, when viewing the shopping cart, the links under the
Action tab are clipped by the black bar under the grey header. Also, the text
links are a bit too small, IMO. Maybe using icons there would provide better
readability.

I haven't checked out the code yet. Just my initial impressions. Let me know
if you need screenshots.
--
| Burhan Khalid |

I don't care if Ned Flanders is the nicest guy in the world.  He's a
jerk -- end of story.

		-- Homer Simpson
		   When Flanders Failed