[thelist] CSS id or class?

Saila, Craig Craig.Saila at bgminteractive.com
Thu Aug 1 13:07:00 CDT 2002

Good news! Mozilla is an open-source browser, so if you find a bug just
check to see it's not already being worked on and submit it to its
bugtracker, Bugzilla:
<http://www.mozilla.org/bugs/>

> anymore.  P.S. Mozilla for the Mac is almost Identical code
> byte by byte with Netscape 6.

Well, Netscape 6.2x the latest offering is based on code from Mozilla
0.9.4. Mozilla is now closing in on version 1.1. Try it out, you may be
surprised:
<http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.1b/>

> I passed W3Cs css validation on one personal website and yet
> many browsers still break.

That's surprising, since most browsers will display most CSS almost
identically (there are minor exceptions, notably IE 6 and under has a
weird box model).

Granted, I've been working with CSS for close to four years now, but
when designing CSS for the fifth generation browsers,  I find the
workarounds no more involved than those used in mark-up prior to HTML 4.

And if you do encounter problems, send them into thelist. Collectively,
I'm sure we could figure them out.

--
Cheers,

Craig Saila