[thelist] Simple Content Management Software for a client to use - preferably Win version

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Fri Aug 2 08:35:10 CDT 2002

> Does anyone know of a free Content Management System that's simple and
> small?
> Preferably Windows although I'm willing to try PHP etc
>
> I have a retired client who just wants to update a hobby site himself.

Pmachine2.1 is nice, all web based, you set it up, client operates from
his machine:

http://www.pmachine.com

There is a free version.

Or, if you want something offline and customisable by you you might look
at GDIdb pro (not free, but economically priced ($38USD for base
version) This will create a flat site from any ODBC compliant database
using fairly easy to learn scripts and your templates.

You design the site, client updates database, and clicks publish - GDIdb
does the site updates, dial up and ftp of changed files automatically.

http://www.gdidb.com

hth

Tony