[thelist] outgoing http headers

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Fri Aug 2 09:38:00 CDT 2002

>if i were to create a form and set the method to post, what's a tool i
>can use to capture the output from that post -- i'm guessing it's all
>in the outgoing http headers...

aardvark,

I just started using Proxomitron (www.proxomitron.org) and it has the option
of logging headers both ways, maybe this will help.

Also if you're really gutsy you can use Ethereal (www.ethereal.com), though
I haven't used it much at all, since it's a full-fledged network analyzer.

These are all free.

Also, I have an ASP script on my local machine's IIS instance that I can
point any form or link to and it will dump out all the Request.Querystring
(GET) and Request.Form (POST) variables that are sent to it. If you'd like
it let me know and I can send it to you.

Same goes for anybody else that wants it. I probably snatched it from
somewhere online anyway... ;)

-dave