[thelist] HTTP authentication and NN4...

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Sun Aug 11 13:25:01 CDT 2002

THE SERVER:

IIS5 on Win2K, SP status indeterminate but seemingly poor.*

THE CLIENT:

Netscape 4.7, any platform.

THE PROBLEM:

HTTP authentication breaks in this circumstance without regard to whether
it is Basic or Digest.  Works fine on Internet Explorer, though.

Has anyone dealt with this problem?  Did you fix it?  If so, how?

*Because I'm used to mounting sites on Apache-served sites, and security
isn't part of the SOW.

Thanks in advance,
--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large              Managing Editor
persist1 at io.com                  bmh at digital-web.com
--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."