[thelist] Running msxml

fstorr fffrancis at fstorr.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 13 13:50:01 CDT 2002

> It does sound like you have everything you need. I am not sure why it
isn't working for you.

Tell me about it - it's driving me mad!

~Another way to play with XSL is to use IE to show the output. IE6
~comes with MsXML 3 embedded. That's what it uses to parse XML/XSL. ~In
your XML document link you xsl document just like you would a css ~page
for html. IE will automatically parse and display your ~transformed XML.
I'd say you should start out using IE, and not worry ~about the parsers
right now.

Yep - this is why I want to run the parser.  I've actually got both
Beginning XML and also Beginning XSLT, and both are starting to get into
the whole parsing thing as opposed to just viewing in the browser.

 > The only problem with this method is that you cannot see the
transformed code. It will display the file correctly in the >  browser
but if you view source you will only see the original XML file. This
makes it difficult to debug your            >  stylesheet.

<snip>

> I believe you are refering to James Clark's XT. I have never used it
but I know there are several books out there that   > use it as an
example. http://www.jclark.com/xml/xt-old.html

Thanks for the help.  Something's obviously wrong somewhere.  Stupid XP
Professional.

Regards

Francis