[thelist] Usability Ideas/Suggestions

Burhan burhankhalid at members.evolt.org
Wed Aug 14 10:57:12 CDT 2002

On Wednesday 14 August 2002 08:47 am, David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil wrote:
[ snip ]
> Would this history be persistent? In other words, if I am at Home >
> Thoughts and go to Home > Rants, does the tree look like this:
>
> 	[ Home ]
> 		[ Thoughts ]
> 		[ Rants ]
>
> Or does it look like this:
>
> 	[ Home ]
> 		[ Rants ]
>
> If the latter, it's just a breadcrumb in a different layout. I've seen this
> layout on some sites, search engines, etc but can't recall any off-hand.
>
> If the former, be aware it could become unweildy very quickly if the user
> visits a lot of pages.

[ /snip ]

Well, I am hoping that something like this to happen :
[ Home ]
  [ Thoughts ]
  [ Rants ]

Now if a user clicks on a page that is under thoughts, then this should happen
:

[ Home ]
  [ Thoughts ]
    ...page...
  [ Rants ]

Basically, if a user enters the page for a parent that is not listed, it is
appended, other than that, the tree is updated (and expanded/contracted) as
needed.

--
| Burhan Khalid |